Utilize the Diesel Laptops University online learning center to increase your truck diagnostic and repair skills. Automatic transmissions have long been the standard for class 7 and lower commercial trucks, along with most automobiles. They are also quickly gaining ground in the class 8 commercial truck market. The students that complete this class will have an understanding of these amazing pieces of mechanical engineering, along with basic diagnostics of them.
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Components and Operation
- Reviewing Service Information and Fluid Levels
- Torque Converter Components and Operation
- Planetary Gearset Components and Operation (Powerflow Principles)
- Clutch Pack Components and Operation
- Transmission Cooling Systems
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Maintenance and Adjustment
- Adjusting the Manual Valve Linkage or Cable
- Switches and Sensors
- Inspecting and Replacing External Seals and Gaskets
- Inspecting and Servicing Powertrain Mounts
- Maintenance and Adjustment of Transmissions and Transaxles
- Alternative Transmissions/Transaxles
- Continuously Variable Transmissions
- Hybrid Vehicle Drivetrains
This course is more geared towards light and medium duty technicians.
Diesel Laptops University
Diesel Laptops University (DLU) is an online learning platform. Each course was developed by ASE-certified professionals and includes a combination of text, videos, animations, and interactive simulations. All text content can be read aloud to the learner via our Text-to-Speech (TTS) feature and all videos are Closed Captioned. In addition, the text can be translated to over 50 different languages. Over 100,000 learners have used these proven courses to develop their skills in automotive and diesel technology.
Frequently Asked Question
How long does it take to receive access to the course? You will receive an email with website access information and login credentials within 23 hours of purchasing the course(s).
How do I access the course? The email you receive will give you the link, which is http://learn.diesellaptops.com.
How long can I access the course for? You will have 90 days to complete your testing.
Will I receive a certificate? Students who pass the final test with a score of 70% or higher on their first try will have access to a Diesel Laptops Certificate of Completion.
Are these tests ASE Certified? These courses are powered by Today's Class, an ASE accredited training provider. The courses will help you prepare for ASE certification testing, however passing these courses does not mean you are ASE certified in that area.
Can more than one person take the course? Each purchase is intended for one student.