TEXA Off-Highway In-Person Training
To guarantee your success with your TEXA Kit powered by Diesel Laptops, our ASE and OEM certified Diesel Technician trainers developed this course to provide hands-on experience using the IDC5 software on a live truck. You'll learn how to incorporate TEXA's IDC5 software along with Diesel Laptops' exclusive software into your diagnostic process. By the end of this half-day course, you'll be able to go back to the shop and diagnose vehicles and equipment more efficiently.
About the Class
We’ll start the class by simply going over the different hardware and software associated with the off-highway kit. Afterward, you’ll get an in-depth view of the TEXA IDC5 software, including how to navigate the software, check codes, run commands, and change parameters. We’ll also show you how to incorporate Diesel Laptops’ exclusive software into your diagnostic process.
See All Topics
- What external power is and how to provide it, when necessary
- Differentiating between active, inactive, and stored codes
- Checking live data when fault codes aren’t available
- Performing diagnostic tests such as fuel system tests, cylinder contribution tests, and hydraulic efficiency tests
- Correctly programming fuel injectors
- Resetting aftertreatment systems and clearing derate codes
- Performing stationary regenerations and SCR tests
- Calibrating hydraulic components
- Reading and setting up implement modules
- Using DTC Solutions, KnowledgeBase, and Truck Fault Codes to find wiring diagrams, component locators, and more repair information for trucks and off-highway equipment
Off-highway equipment is notoriously known for requiring a variety of cables to connect to and diagnose your machine. We’ll give you an in-depth overview of different manufacturer-specific cables and how to determine which cable is needed for the job. We’ll also go over some of the most common locations for difficult-to-find diagnostic ports.
To help reinforce the concepts learned in the lecture portion of this course, you'll hook up to live vehicles and test the software with instructor feedback. At the end of the course, you'll receive a certificate of completion.
Benefits for Heavy Equipment Technicians
This class will provide you with an in-depth view of all the software and hardware included with your kit. You'll learn how to efficiently and effectively navigate the IDC5 software and learn when and why to use the additional software installed on your laptop.
Benefits for Shop Owners
All software comes with a learning curve, and this may make technicians reluctant to use new software. Our training team will help them learn the tool's value, making them eager to use their new kit in the field, resulting in saved time and money!