To guarantee your success with your TEXA Kit powered by Diesel Laptops, our ASE and OEM certified Diesel Technician trainers developed this course to provide hands-on experience using the IDC5 software on a live truck. You'll learn how to incorporate TEXA's IDC5 software along with Diesel Laptops' exclusive software into your diagnostic process. By the end of this half-day course, you'll be able to go back to the shop and diagnose vehicles and equipment more efficiently.
About the Class
You'll receive an in-depth view of the TEXA IDC5 software, including how to navigate the software, check codes, run commands, and change parameters. You'll also learn how to use the Diesel Laptops' exclusive software to find repair information.
See All Topics
- Differentiating between active, inactive, and stored codes
- Checking live data to help in diagnostic procedures when fault codes aren't available
- Performing diagnostic tests such as fuel system tests and cylinder contribution tests
- Correctly programming fuel injectors
- Resetting aftertreatment systems and clearing derate codes
- Performing stationary regeneration and SCR tests
- Using DTC Solutions, KnowledgeBase, and Truck Fault Codes to find wiring diagrams, component locators, and more repair information
To help reinforce the concepts learned in the lecture portion of this course, you'll hook up to live vehicles and test the software with instructor feedback. At the end of the course, you'll receive a certificate of completion.
Benefits for Diesel Technicians
This class will provide you with an in-depth view of all the software and hardware included with your kit. You'll learn how to efficiently and effectively navigate the IDC5 software and learn when and why to use the additional software installed on your laptop.
Benefits for Shop Owners and Managers
All software comes with a learning curve, and this may make technicians reluctant to use new software. Our training team will help them learn the tool's value, making them eager to use their new kit in the field, resulting in saved time and money!
Until further notice, students attending our in-person training classes at any location will be required to undergo a mandatory non-contact temperature check before entering the classroom. Optional masks will also be provided to students.